YogaBugs Personal, Social, Health & Economic Education
What are the Benefits?
YogaBugs supports many aspects of the PSHEC curriculum and will help you achieve your targets.
Posture work, breathing and relaxation techniques are designed to help children deal with the demands of day-to-day life. Through YogaBugs, children are taught how to release feelings of anxiety such as separation issues, anxiety, lethargy and negativity.
YogaBugs is an all-inclusive and non-competitive sport that allows children to progress at their own pace, giving every child positive experience with sports.
Benefits of YogaBugs
Cross Curricular Learning through Stories
What is it?
Using stories, imagination and themes to engage children, they become much focused in every session and have an opportunity for Cross Curricular learning. Many of our stories for early years and KS1 are based on key text, such as The Gruffalo and The 3 Little Pigs or our own adventures to the jungle or outer space.
For KS2, we use themes that link to the curriculum to enhance learning. We also teach children about their bodies, their muscles and what they can achieve. Children will be challenged emotionally and physically.
Children often find it easier to express their emotional state in a physical way. Classes can be themed to cover sensitive issues such as bullying and discovering what it feels like to be bullied
It teaches children to respect each other through listening skills and some partner work postures.
Lessons can be enhanced through taking part in creative adventures that support children’s learning and understanding of the topics they are studying. For example we introduce basic numeracy, literacy and games that encourage children to enjoy learning. Topics can include how things grow, learning about the environment and global warming whilst teaching them about other countries, animals and lifestyles.
- Children take part in a yoga warm up and full adventure or theme
- Every class includes breathing, relaxation and visualisation techniques to help children feel calm and deal with their emotions
- Our PE programmes take a whole school approach with the children at the centre of everything we do.
- We deliver our programme for a minimum of 2 hours per week for 10 weeks plus.
- This classes can be split into 4 x 30 mins, 3 x 40 mins or 2 x 1 hour sessions – giving you the flexibility to work with a number of different age groups.
- Every child will receive a certificate at the end of each term