SEND - A Graduated Approach Course
Supporting schools with the Government’s SEND Graduated Approach
YogaBugs SEND A Graduated Approach Course has been designed to allow a full spectrum of school staff to gain knowledge about a wide range of special educational needs that are common within mainstream and specialist settings.
Our indepth course offers a simple, yet informative method of gaining a deeper understanding of specific needs.
The course can be beneficial for early career teachers and more experienced teachers alike, we would also recommend it for SENDCO’s who wish to learn more about SEND in general or who have a specific training need for staff in their setting.
Training is delivered in small chunks so you can access what you need, when you need it.
The course is accessible online with video presentations that can be viewed indefinitely. It can be delivered as a training course within your school or teachers can choose modules, they want to know more about with complete flexibility to suit you school’s needs.
Use it to deliver a training day within your school, or have teachers watch at their leisure.
£500 INSTEAD OF £700!
Discounts available for multi-purchase for Academies
This course is split into manageable units:
Module 2 -Learning and Cognition
An Introduction- Learning and Cognition
Global Delay (GDD)
Module 3 – Communication and Interaction
An Introduction – Communication and Interaction
Pragmatic/Social Communication Difficulties
Expressive language difficulties
Receptive Language Difficulties
Module 4 -Social Emotional and Mental Health
Pathological Demand Avoidance
ACE’s & Attachment Disorders
Depression & Low Mood
Module 5 -Sensory and Physical
An Introduction – Sensory and Physical
Hearing impairment (HI)
Visual impairment (VI)
Who is it aimed at:
- Teaching assistants
- Early Career Teachers
- Mental Health Leads
- Pastoral Managers
- Family Support Worker
- Anyone wanting to expand their knowledge and support children with SEND
Whole Course Overview
- To understand what the key areas of need are for SEND;
- To understand what a ‘Graduated Approach’ is and how this should be organised to support learners effectively;
- To gain knowledge about a wide range of common SEND issues across all of the categories of need;
- To build a toolbox of strategies and ideas that will work for a wide range of common areas of SEND;
- To enhance the skillset of all staff working with SEND children so they gain more effective outcomes for all;
- To promote all teachers as confident teachers of SEND children.